Floor heating for cold storage facilities are used to prevent the floors from freezing and icing, thereby preventing structural damage and accidents. This system works by laying heating cables or mats under the floor. The heating cables or mats are heated by electricity and give heat to the floor.
Advantages of Floor Heating for Cold Storage Facilities
The main advantages of floor heating systems in cold storage facilities are as follows:
- Prevents the floors from freezing and icing, thereby preventing structural damage and accidents.
- Prolongs the life of the floor.
- Improves the thermal insulation of the facility.
- Increases the energy efficiency of the facility.
Types of Floor Heating for Cold Room Storage Facilities
Floor heating systems in cold storage facilities are divided into two main groups depending on the heating element used:
- Wired systems: In this system, heated cables are laid under the floor. The cables are secured on a mesh that is laid on the floor.
- Mat systems: In this system, heating mats are laid under the floor. The mats are laid directly on the floor.